Please use the below tips to ensure you sound your best! We use Zoom to record our shows. Thank you for being on our podcast!
Do’s (and by that we mean, please do 😊)
- Do check your internet speed. We recommend a minimum of a 3 MB upload/download connection.
- Do grab a pair of headphones and preferably an external microphone.
- Do use a hard ethernet connection instead of WiFi if possible.
- Do set up in a quiet room with doors and windows closed to block background noises (kids, cats and dogs should be in another room)
- Do remove your phone, tablet, smart watch and place at least 10 feet away from where you are recording
- Do set your computer notifications to silent
Don’ts (and by that we mean, please don’t 😊)
- Don’t have extra tabs open on your browser. Close anything you don’t need while recording.
- Don’t load other computer programs while recording.
- Don’t shuffle papers, tap on your desk, shifting, etc…you would be surprised what the microphone picks up and we do not want the listeners to be distracted from what you are saying.